Potter’s Place Rules and Regulations
The following rules are intended to provide a safe and relaxing camping experience for you as well as to protect the privacy and serenity of yourself and others.
NO CHILDREN ALLOWED: None, EVER… beyond the visitors’ parking lot nearest the office. The campground will not accept liability of any underage consumption of alcohol and therefore states the no one under the age of 21 is allowed. Consideration and exception to this rule is given only by the owner. Proof of age may be required.
FIREARMS AND FIREWOKS: (Of any type) “NONE ALLOWED, EVER.”
REGISTRATION: All campers, visitors, and guests must register at the office upon arrival and prior to entering the campground, per Maine State Law. All fees must be paid in advance. YOUR “REGISTRATION” IS AFFIRMATION THAT YOU AND ALL OF YOUR GUESTS WILL COMPLY WITH ALL “POTTER’S PLACE RULES AND REGULATIONS.” Non compliance of these rules could result, without refund, in your early departure from the campground.
RATES: All rates are based on (2) adults and no more the (2) pets per unit. Limit of (4) persons in one unit per site. A $5.45 (Sales Tax included) fee will apply for each additional camper or overnight guest. There is no charge for day guests, however these guests must depart the grounds prior to 11:00 pm or pay as overnight guests.
CHECK-IN/OUT TIME: Established check-in time is between 1:00pm and 8:00pm. Check-out time is 3:00pm daily (5:00pm, Sundays). Earlier check-in and later check-out times may be considered depending on situation and upcoming site reservations.
BUILDINGS: Rec. Hall, Game Room, and Bathhouses are for your use 24 hours a day. Be respectful to others. No smoking or pets are allowed in any building. Keep all areas clean. Toilet tissue approved for septic tank use is the ONLY flushable product. Do not flush sanitary products, baby wipes, face wipes, paper towels or anything other than toilet tissue. Maintenance buildings, storage sheds, and the garage housed in the upper rest room building are off-limits to all unless permission is given by the owner.
DUMP STATION AND PORTABLE SANI-STATION: The dump station is located adjacent to the woodshed and is available at no cost to registered campers. A pump-out service is available for body waste (Black water) at $10.00 per service every Saturday during the season. Only RV approved toilet tissue is to be used in your unit and like the bathhouses is the only flushable product. Use only formaldehyde free waste treatment products. Failure to do so may result in unwanted cost TO you.
SINK (Grey) WATER: DHHS and CDC regulations do not permit draining of sink or bath water onto the ground or an open container. Use of a portable blue tank designed for this purpose is encouraged and then emptied at the dump-station. Again, use only non-formaldehyde waste treatment products.
PRIVACY and RESPECT: Respect the privacy and respect the space of other campers and the owner. Stay off others’ site unless invited. Use roadways and designated pathways when moving through the campground.
CAMPSITES: Only (1) camping unit and (1) vehicle is permitted per site. Each site has a picnic table and fire pit. Site will be left in the same condition as you found it.
2. Firewood: State of Maine Law prohibits the importation of “out-of-state” wood. Firewood is provided at “No Charge” to registered campers, as long as demand can be met and is for your use while you are here, not to be taken off-site. (Use it as if you were paying for it; it costs us!) Free firewood is a privilege not a right.
3. Woodshed: Open from 9:00am to 8:00pm daily. Observe sign on woodshed.
4. Electric Usage: Rates ARE based on normal usage. An additional charge of $2.00/per 8 hr day must be made for heating or air-conditioner use.
5. Refrigerators: No house-size units are permitted.
GROUNDS: The grounds are for the use and enjoyment of all.
1. Cars: The speed limit throughout the campground is 5 mph. During dry or dusty
conditions please, drive more slowly. This applies to all motorized vehicles.
2. Parking: Only (1) car per site, on your site, off the road, and not on any lawn. Additional vehicles and guest parking is available near or behind the office and at the lower restroom. There is absolutely no parking or driving on any lawn with any motorized vehicle.
3. Motorcycles, golf carts, and ATVs: Joyriding within the campground is “NOT ALLOWED. Motorcycles are allowed only for travel through the campground to and from your site. Golf Carts are permitted for travel from one point to another within the campground. Currently, ATVs are allowed for travel through the campground to access our trails and the Maine State trail system. Tread lightly as these vehicles have aggressive tires that damage roads and trails, especially when tight turns are made.” NO MINI BIKES or 2 STOKE ATVs are allowed. No motorized vehicles of any type are allowed on the property beyond the dam. Trails on the beachside of the dam may be used for hiking and cycling only.
4. Trees and shrubs… are property of the campground. No disfiguring (including nails and other hardware), cutting, girdling with rope, or removal is allowed.
5. Rubbish and Recyclables: Dispose of campsite generated household rubbish only in barrels provided. Guidelines are laid out in the “Potter’s Place Recycles” letter. Household rubbish is defined as trash generated in your camper that normally fits in your kitchen wastebasket. Appliances, TVs, computers, grills, furniture, etc… are not considered household trash and their disposal is your responsibility. Household trash will be in tied trash bags and placed in the large steel drums. Cans, bottles, jars, and jugs (only) MUST be rinsed and placed (clean and unbagged) in the green plastic recycling barrels.
2. Visitors: CHILDREN are NOT ALLOWED.
a. Vehicles are to remain in parking lot adjacent to the office.
b. There is a $5.45 charge for overnight guest. (Max 2)
3. Quiet hours: Although, there is no curfew, 11:30pm UNTIL 9:00am is the
established “quiet time.” NO EXCESSIVE NOISE at any time.
Swimming is done at your own risk.
containers, pets, or smoking is allowed in the pool area. NO horseplay or
running in the pool area and NO DIVING is permitted.
PLEASE MAKE THE MANAGEMENT AWARE OF VIOLATIONS. DE FACTO COMPLAINTS WILL BE HONORED. INFRACTIONS OF RULES WILL BE CAUSE FOR REMOVAL.
We hope that you enjoy your stay and thank you for choosing Potter’s Place Adult RV Park.
Rules are subject to change without prior notification. The owners/management of Potter’s Place LLC. dba Potter’s Place Adult RV Park absolve themselves from any and all liability pertaining to
injury, loss, theft, property damage, or accident caused by anyone (other than campground management) or for failure to obey “Potter’s Place Rules and Regulations.”