Potter’s Place Rules and Regulations
The following rules are intended to provide a safe and relaxing camping experience for you as well as to protect the Campground, and your privacy and serenity of all.
AGE REQUIREMENT: Potter’s Place is a Campground for Adults only. We are not a 55+ campground. Age requirement is 21 and up. The campground will not accept liability of any underage consumption of alcohol and therefore states that no one under the age of 21 as Campers, Overnight Guests or Day Visitors are allowed. Consideration and exception to this rule is given only by the owner. Proof of age may be required.
FIREARMS AND FIREWOKS: (Of any type) “NONE ALLOWED, EVER.”
MARIJUANA: Smoking of marijuana for recreational use within the campground or on any campground property is Not Allowed. Use of Medical Cannabis will not be denied if proof of current “Medical Cannabis Card” is in you possession and is available on request.
REGISTRATION: All Campers, Overnight Visitors, and Day Guests must register at the office upon arrival and prior to entering the campground, per Maine State Law. All fees must be paid in advance. YOUR “REGISTRATION” IS AFFIRMATION THAT YOU, YOUR OVERNIGHT GUEST AND DAY VISITORS WILL COMPLY WITH ALL “POTTER’S PLACE RULES AND REGULATIONS.” Non-compliance of these rules will result, without refund, in your ejection or early departure from the campground.
RATES: All posted rates are based on (2) adults and no more than (2) pets per unit. Limit of (4) persons in one unit per site. The posted fee (Sales Tax included) will apply for each additional Camper or Overnight Guests. There is no charge for Day Visitors, however your Visitors must depart the grounds prior to 10:00 pm or pay as Overnight Guest.
CHECK-IN/OUT TIME: Established check-in time is between 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Check-out time is 2:00pm daily (4:00 pm, Sundays). Earlier check-in and later check-out times may be considered depending on situation and upcoming site reservations.
BUILDINGS: Rec-Hall, Game Room, and Bathhouses are for your use 24 hours a day. Be respectful to others and clean up after yourself. No smoking or pets are allowed in any building. Keep all areas clean. Toilet tissue provided is the ONLY flushable product. Do not flush sanitary products, baby wipes, face wipes, paper towels or anything other than toilet tissue. Maintenance buildings, storage sheds, and the garage housed in the upper restroom building are OFF-LIMITS to all.
DUMP STATION AND PORTABLE SANI-STATION: (No Sewer Hook-ups are available) The dump station is located adjacent to the stone wall in the parking lot nearest to campground office. There is no cost for use by registered campers. A pump-out service is available for body waste (Black water only) at the posted rate per service every Saturday (weather permitting) during the season. Requested pump-outs on any other day or asking for service after the sign-up list is taken down for that day will be billed at twice the posted rate.
Sign-up sheet for pump-out service must be done prior to 9:00 am each Saturday. Sign-up sheet is posted in the Rec-Hall. Payment will be made prior to or at time of service. NO running a tab is allowed.
Only RV approved toilet tissue is to be used in your camping unit and like the bathhouses is the only flushable product. The use of formaldehyde free deodorizer and digester waste treatment products only is required and must be visually present during time of service. Failure to do so will result in refusal to provide service and/or unwanted cost TO you.
SINK (Grey) WATER: DHHS and CDC regulations does not permit draining of sink or bath water onto the ground or into an open container. Grey water removal is your responsibility and is NOT provided in the pump-out service. Use of a portable tank designed for this purpose is required for containment and then emptied at the dump-station by you. Again, use only non-formaldehyde waste treatment products.
PRIVACY and RESPECT: Respect the privacy and respect the space of other campers and the owner. Stay off other’s site unless invited. Use roadways and designated pathways when moving through the campground.
SIGNAGE: Observe and Obey all Signage and Posted Information.
CAMPSITES: Only (1) camping unit (tent, trailer, or motor home). Each site has a picnic table and fire pit. Site will be left in the same condition as you found it.
a. Allowed only in fire pits provided or pits approved by campground management.
b. Flammable liquids may not be used to start your fire.
c. Must be kept low and under control.
d. Never left unattended. Ashes never to be dumped in woods.
e. Water (bucket or charged hose) or a fire extinguisher is required.
f. No rocks or stones will be brought onto the site or taken off any stone walls to ring
g. Burning of any rubbish is NOT allowed at any time.
2. Firewood: State of Maine Law prohibits the importation of “out-of-state” wood. Firewood is provided at “No Charge” to registered campers (as long as demand can be met). Firewood is for your use while you are here, not to be taken off-site. (Use it as if you were paying for it; it costs us!) Provided firewood is a privilege not a right.
3. Woodshed: Open from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm daily. Observe signage on woodshed.
4. Electric Usage: Normal usage is included in the rates. An additional charge of $2.00/per 8 hr day must be made for heating or air-conditioner use.
5. Refrigerators: No house-size units are permitted.
GROUNDS: The grounds are for the use and enjoyment of all registered campers.
1. Speed Limit: The speed limit throughout the campground is 5 mph (strictly enforced) and begins upon entrance to the campground. For those who routinely ignore the speed limit you will be required to park in the lot adjacent to the office and proceed to your site in a different manner. During dry or dusty conditions please, drive more slowly. This applies to all motorized vehicles.
2. Vehicles: No more than (2) vehicles per site for Seasonal or Transient Campers may be on the
a. Only (1) per site, on your site, off the road, and not on any lawn. It may be possible for parking of a 2nd vehicle on your site with managers approval and the same restrictions are met.
b. Overnight Guest and Day Visitor parking is located adjacent to office. These vehicles are not to precede beyond this lot into the campground.
c. There is absolutely no parking or driving on any lawn with any motorized vehicle.
3. Motorcycles and ATVs: Joyriding within the campground is “NOT ALLOWED”. Motorcycles are allowed only for travel through the campground to and from your site. Currently, ATVs are allowed for travel through the campground to access our trails (if conditions allow) and the Maine State trail system. Tread lightly as these vehicles have aggressive tires that damage roads and trails, especially when tight turns are made.” NO MINI-BIKES, GO-CARTS or 2 STOKE ATVs are allowed. No motorized vehicles of any type are allowed on the property beyond the dam. Trails on the beachside of the dam may be used for hiking and cycling only. All motorcycles and ATVs must be registered and insured. Golf Carts are permitted for travel from one point to another within the campground only. Golf cart liability insurance is required. For fees and additional information see “Additional Guidance for Seasonal Campers.”
4. Trees, shrubs, and flowers… are property of the campground. No disfiguring (including nails and other hardware), cutting, girdling with rope, or removal is allowed.
5. Rubbish: A dumpster is located at the far end of the parking lot adjacent to the Office Building. Disposal is available for campsite generated household rubbish only. Guidelines are laid out in “Potter’s Place Rules for Disposal of Rubbish”. Household rubbish is defined as trash generated in your camper that fits in your kitchen wastebasket. This is food and grocery packaging, paper products, napkins, paper towels, sanitary wipes, etc., cans, bottles, jars and jugs. All rubbish must be bagged and tied before placing it into the dumpster. No loose rubbish of any kind will be disposed of in the dumpster. Appliances, TVs, computers, grills, furniture, etc.., are not considered household rubbish and its disposal is your responsibility.
1.Pets: Limit of (2), “ALL” pets MUST be leashed and may not be left unattended.
a.Vaccination records must be up to date and in you possession.
b. No pets are allowed in any building or in the pool area.
c. ALL” pet waste must be cleaned up immediately and disposed of as described
in “Potter’s Place Rule for Disposal of Rubbish”. Pets are not allowed in any
building or in the community picnic and pool areas.
d. Pets may be exercised off-leash “only” on the lawn on the far side of the pond
and on trails. Owner must have complete control if dog is exercised off-leash
in these areas.
e. Any nuisance pets (excessive barking, aggression, failure to police feces,
wandering cats, etc.) will not be allowed on the grounds.
2. Day Visitors: CHILDREN are NOT ALLOWED.
a. There is no fee charged for Day Visitors.
b. Day Visitors must depart the campground prior to 10:00pm.
c. Day Visitors may not use the pool or enter the pool area.
3. Quiet hours: Although, there is no curfew, 11:00 pm UNTIL 9:00 am is the established
“Quiet hours.” NO EXCESSIVE NOISE at any time. No power tools or lawn equipment is to be operated during “quiet hours”.
4. Alcohol: To be consumed on site and is not permitted in the Rec-Hall or Game Room.
(The annual end of season Diehard Dinner is the only exception to this rule.)
5. Swimming: There is NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY at either the pool or the pond. Swimming is done at your own risk.
a. Pool: Pool hours are 9:00 am until 9:00 pm. NO food or beverages in glass
containers, pets, or smoking is allowed in the pool area. NO horseplay or running
in the pool area, and NO DIVING is permitted.
b. Pool items. Although allowed, must not prevent another from entering and enjoying the pool. All pool items will leave the pool area with you each day.
c. Pond: The pond may be used for swimming as well as for kayaks, canoes, and small boats. No motors (gas or electric) may be used.
PLEASE MAKE THE MANAGEMENT AWARE OF VIOLATIONS. DE FACTO COMPLAINTS WILL BE HONORED. INFRACTIONS OF RULES MAY CAUSE FOR REMOVAL WITHOUT REFUND.
Rules are subject to change without prior notification. The owners/management of Potter’s Place LLC. d/b/a Potter’s Place Adult RV Park absolve themselves from any and all liability pertaining to injury, loss, theft, property damage, or accident caused by anyone (other than campground management) or for failure to obey
“Potter’s Place Rules and Regulations.”
Updated: 1 March 2022